Tuesday 28 June 2016

An afternoon at Graceville.

Today I filmed some passenger services around 500m from Graceville, I got a decent amount of clips
It certainly got me thinking about the distance between Chelmer and Graceville, I swear you could probably see Chelmer from Graceville if there wasn't that bend there between the two stations.

Here is a picture of an SMU220 departing Graceville, my favourite class! Don't listen to the hate, even with the sideways seating it's still a gem. (Personally I like the longitudinal seats) Anyway, I saw a few Ipswich trains, an express Petrie service and a Rosewood train. I also an EMU running a Springfield service, which is quite rare and an SMU200, which is also not so common. I even saw a 6 car IMU120 on a "Special" service. Now seeing a 6 car IMU120 is quite the treat because for one, they usually run as 3 cars and secondly that means that you've seen half the IMU120 fleet! Yes, there are only 4 IMU120s. Why did you even bother building them QueenslandRail? A hard question to answer that is. Anyway, hearing the quiet sound of the street is a big contrast to the sound of an EMU with a bad flat spot thundering past on express, that nasty clunking sound does remind you of the age of the EMUs, even though they have been repainted and modified. It's like giving someone plastic surgery to hide their age. The EMUs don't look old, but when you ride on them it's not the nicest experience and you can almost believe that the unit is nearly 40 years old. I will still be extremely sad when they go though! Later this week I will be taking a trip to Central station from Toowong not primarily to look at trains, but hopefully my family will allow some time for a little trainspotting! Anyway, look forward to that later in the week! I hope you enjoyed the post!
ALSO:
Don't forget to watch my YouTube video of all the trains I saw today! My channel is called SEQRailCommuter.

1 comment: